- Some examples of items we accept: Adult Clothing (Size 0 – 4x), Clothing, Shoes (in excellent condition), books, DVDs, and household items. We accept Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter clothing at this event.
- Clothing items are limited to 100 pieces. 40 pairs of shoes are allowed. A multiple piece outfit priced together is considered one item. When tagging online there is NO flag that pops up warning of your limit. This is up to you to keep track. Bring us your best! NOTE: There is NO limit on non-clothing items; household items, equipment, etc.
- All merchandise should be in GREAT condition, pressed, and neatly hung on hangers.
- If an item has holes, stains, missing buttons or non-functioning parts, please do NOT bring it!
- Consignors MUST carefully review The Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) website within one week of the sale, http://www.cpsc.gov to ensure that the items consigned are NOT recalled or in anyway in violation of current CPSC guidance. Additionally follow the SAFE KIDS link below to find an excellent summary of additional information.
- VHS Tapes **New Restriction**
- Any items that have been recalled by the manufacturer
- Stained or torn clothing
- Out-of-date clothing
- Any item with a poor quality JLN tag, or printed on plain paper
- Battery operated items without batteries (buyers must be assured the item works properly)
- Shoes that show signs of wear or that are stained
- Underwear / Undergarments
- Broken items or items with missing pieces
- Stuffed animals of any type
- Music CDs with explicit lyrics
- CDs / DVDs / Computer Games must be operational & in their original cases
- Double, Queen, or King Mattresses
- Computers or related equipment
- Big Bertha TVs, VCR machines
- No Knives (including kitchen), GUNS, or weapons of any kind
- Large Electric Appliances
- NO Advertising items
Household Items MUST meet the following criteria to be accepted:
- Home decor
- Area rugs
- Bathroom decor
- Window treatment
- Decorative pillows
- Office furniture
- Patio furniture
- Outside storage bins
- DVD players
- LED / LCD / Plasma TV’S
- Dishes & silverware & drinking cups
- Serving trays
- Pots & pans
- Sporting goods
- Candles (must be new)
- Halloween & Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Easter decorations
- Seasonal wreaths
- Sporting Goods and apparel
How To Prepare Your Tags…
We have implemented a very easy to use, online tagging system. This system makes tag preparation and inventory control a breeze!
Here are the steps you should follow to tag your items. Please follow them precisely. It’s sad to have to turn away items for improper tagging.
- There is a 20 Item Minimum and a100 item clothing limit to participate in the JLN events. There is NO limit on other types of items, however there is a 40 pairs of shoes limit, and they DO NOT count towards your clothing limit. Gather your items and arrange them in order by gender, size and season. Login to our online tagging system using your seller number and password. Click on the ‘Work With Consigned Inventory’ link on the left hand side of your “Control Panel” and begin entering your items. (See example below) You will select a category and size, enter a complete description of the item, enter the price, select if you want the item donated if it does not sell, and select if the item should be discounted on the last day of our sale. All items are to be priced in .50 cent increments with a minimum price of $2.00 per item! When sizing your items, use the correct size in the portal. You can print your tags either a few at a time as you go along, or all at once at the end. Tags will print 6 to a page of cardstock. You MUST use only medium weight WHITE card stock for your tags. This heavier paper helps to keep the tag and the item together. Card stock can be purchased at any office supply store or stores such as Wal-Mart. Select one of the ‘Print Tags’ options from our online tagging system. You can Click here to do that now. Be sure to turn off any popup blocker you may have running. When you generate tags they pop up in a new window for easy printing. The quality of your tags directly effects your sales. If your printers toner/ink is running out, this may be the time to get a new cartridge. If you change ANY item information (price, donation, 1/2 price option etc.) AFTER printing a tag, or between seasons, a NEW tag will have to be printed.
- Each item that is marked for Donation will also be coded to be sold “Half Off” on Saturday and will display the “Helping Hand” on the lower left of the tag.
- The tags you print are fully filled out and barcoded. Just attach them to your items with a safety-pin, and you are done!
How to Determine Your Selling Price:
Best Guideline: Take 25% of the original retail price and work up or down from there. This gives you a thinking range. If it is an item that is highly desirable like Abercrombie, Polo, Gymboree, Limited Too, etc. you can go up from the 25% of original value, considering the condition of the item. If it is an item that is still in good shape, but from Target, Wal-Mart, etc. you might need to stay around that price. Then, after determining this price, ask yourself, “Would I pay $xx for this?” or “Would I pay more than $xx for this?” If you would pay more, add to the price. The people who make the most money have quality items priced in the rage of $5.00 -$15.00. It really adds up quickly!!!
How To Attach Tags (Hanging Items)
All clothing must be on hangers with the hanger facing to the left as illustrated. Wal-Mart and Target often have 10 hangers for $1. We sell the items WITH the hangers. We prefer plastic hangers.
SAFETY PIN the tag to the right hand side of the garment when looking at the front. NO STRAIGHT PINS and no small gold pins!!
To reduce check in time, have your items sorted by size, gender and season (rubber band or twist tie sizes together) prior to drop-off. This is NOT optional.
Anything that can go on a hanger will sell best this way. People shop the racks first! Two piece outfits sell best so match up single items if possible.
How To Attach Tags (Non-Hanging Items)
Books and Videos – please do not use packing tape on books and videos, since it usually tears the covers. Make sure that videos work, and secure tag with two pieces of masking tape or put in ziplock bags. If packaging multiples together, please write all titles on the tag.
Shoes – Limit 40. Must be tied together in pairs by the shoelaces or through the eyes of the shoes. (the best thing to tie the shoes together with is curly ribbon) Pin the card to the shoelaces or the ribbon. DO NOT BOX or BAG shoes. Shoes and Laces must be in Excellent condition.
Household Items – Consigned items must be of good quality, gently used, great condition, odor free, clean, stain free, and free of animal hair. Free from any rips, tears and no broken frames. No water stains, deep gouges or major scratches on the primary finish, no broken or missing hardware. Doors and drawers must operate properly. Mechanical movements must operate properly. NO Advertising items of any kind.