- Books (MUST be Marked for Discount)
- Movies (MUST be Marked for Discount)
- Ride on Toys
- Art & Crafts
- Games (must be in working condition & batteries included if required)
- Puzzles (must pieces must be included)
- Large Outside Toys
- Push & Ride on Toys
- Items strictly related to babies, toddlers and kids for a gift or present
- Thanksgiving Decor
- Xmas Decor
- Stuff Animals (only accepted for Holiday event)
- Consignors MUST carefully review The Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) website within one week of the sale, http://www.cpsc.gov to ensure that the items consigned are NOT recalled or in anyway in violation of current CPSC guidance. Additionally follow the SAFE KIDS link below to find an excellent summary of additional information.
- Household Items
- NO Adult Books or Movies
- NO Adult Clothing
- NO Bedding
- NO Furniture
- NO Jewelry
- NO Pet Items
- NO Rugs
- NO Appliances
How To Prepare Your Tags…
We have implemented a very easy to use, online tagging system. This system makes tag preparation and inventory control a breeze!
Here are the steps you should follow to tag your items. Please follow them precisely. It’s sad to have to turn away items for improper tagging.
- There is a 20 Item minimum to participate in the JLN sales. Login to our online tagging system using your seller number and password. Click on the ‘Work With Consigned Inventory’ link on the lefthand side of your “Control Panel” and begin entering your items. (See example below) You will select a category and size, enter a complete description of the item, enter the price, select if you want the item donated if it does not sell, and select if the item should be discounted on the last day of our sale. All items are to be priced in .50 cent increments with a minimum price of $2.00 per item! You can print your tags either a few at a time as you go along, or all at once at the end. Tags will print 6 to a page of cardstock. You MUST use only medium weight WHITE card stock for your tags. This heavier paper helps to keep the tag and the item together. Card stock can be purchased at any office supply store or stores such as Wal-Mart. Select one of the ‘Print Tags’ options from our online tagging system. You can Click here to do that now. Be sure to turn off any popup blocker you may have running. When you generate tags they pop up in a new window for easy printing. The quality of your tags directly effects your sales. If your printers toner/ink is running out, this may be the time to get a new cartridge. If you change ANY item information (price, donation, 1/2 price option etc.) AFTER printing a tag, or between seasons, a NEW tag will have to be printed.
- The tags you print are fully filled out and barcoded. Just attach them to your items with a safety-pin or tape, and you are done!
How to Determine Your Selling Price:
You can CLICK HERE to view the very popular “JLN Pricing Guide”
Best Guideline: Take 25% of the original retail price and work up or down from there. This gives you a thinking range.
How To Attach Tags (Non-Hanging Items)
Toys – toys MUST include all parts. Any tiny, loose pieces can be packaged in a ziplock bag. Attach the bag to the main item with heavy packing tape. Also, tape the bags zipper to keep small hands out! Do Not bring items with missing parts. If a toy requires batteries to operate, they MUST be included for acceptance.
Books and Videos – please do not use packing tape on books and videos, since it usually tears the covers. Make sure that videos work, and secure tag with two pieces of masking tape or put in ziplock bags. If packaging multiples together, please write all titles on the tag.